Business Update: Grants, Timing, Info & Links
We hope you are safe and well.
We are aware that many of you are awaiting information about the timing of desperately needed 3rd lockdown grants – and any further support that is available. Please see some details recently received from WDC below.
1. WDC Grant Information
All WDC Grant information and updates can be found at this link:
2. Third Lockdown Grants (LRSG and Lump Sum Payments of £4K, £6K or £9K depending on RV)
There are currently two grants available to businesses that are ‘mandated to close’. This includes the ongoing LRSG (closed) payments from January 5th and the ‘one-off top up grants’ for closed businesses announced by the government on January 5th. Payment of both these grants is expected to be automatic to any business that has already received previous grants. Please get in touch if you have questions about this.
Please see the WDC link below for up to date information:
In terms of timing, as per this link above, the LRSG (closed) payments to cover the 6 week period until February 15th were made on the week commencing January 18th. Please get in touch if you have not received this.
Unfortunately, WDC have not yet received the government software to make the £4K, £6K, or £9K lump sum payments , and as of today, are hoping to have this within 1 week in order to begin making payments as soon as possible next week. WDC officers are aware of the urgency and doing what they can to speed this up. We will keep you updated on progress.
- The full UK Government guidance to Local Authorities on eligibility can be found by clicking here (please click).
- The full list of businesses mandated to ‘close’ can be found by clicking here (please click).
3. Other Grants
A number of business specific grants are still open – and we are lobbying for support for businesses that have ‘not’ been mandated to close, but who are suffering hardship as a result of this lockdown. This grant, when it is ready this will be known as ‘ARG-Part E’. Further details are below.
Wet Led Pubs Grant
- £1000 for Pubs that do not take more than 50% of their sales in food or ‘wet-led pubs’ who were / are unable to open in Tier 2 or Tier 3.
- Link for information: https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/info/20068/business_awards_and_grants/1653/wet-led_pubs_christmas_support_payment
- Please note, applications close on 31st January and after this date, WDC will not accept any further applications.
ARG Scheme D
- This is not relevant to many of our members, as it is for non rated (does not have a business rates account) retail, hospitality and leisure businesses. However, you may know someone.
- Link for information: https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/info/20068/business_awards_and_grants/1638/additional_restrictions_grant_arg
- Please note, application close on 29th January.
ARG Scheme E (New)
- As noted above, the full criteria are not yet set, but we hope it will cover those businesses who aren’t mandated to close but are suffering financial hardship due to restrictions.
- WDC have advised that it will be ready in the week commencing 8th February. We will notify relevant businesses when we know more.
Please also note, we continue to work with industry bodies to lobby for further business support as we are very concerned about the considerable strain that continues restrictions and uncertainty are causing. Locally, progress is being made to bring down Covid transmission rates and increase testing and vaccinations. As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you feel there is something we can help with.
Best wishes and stay safe,
Steph & Alison