Business Grants Links – NOW LIVE: 17th November
The link to access the ‘National Restrictions Support Grant’ is now live. This is for businesses that have been forced to close by the Government and include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses. A full list can be found on gov.uk.
For those businesses that are NOT eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) such as those who have who have not been forced to close (e.g. dry cleaners), a new Discretionary Grant Scheme is available – called the ‘Additional restrictions grant fund’. The application deadline is Monday 30 November. The eligibility policy is here.
The application details and links to apply can be found here (please click).
Update – PLEASE ALSO NOTE!
As set out above, two grants are currently available from WDC. This includes the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) and the Additional restrictions grant (ARG – Part A & B).
Some businesses who have physical properties may find they are eligible for BOTH, so please review the eligibility criteria carefully:
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
- Criteria: Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
- To apply for the LRSG Grant please click here.
- Amount: Varies depending on your rateable value (RV) from £1334 up to £3000.
- The deadline is: Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- This is being offered to businesses who have physical properties that are closed in accordance with government restrictions.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
- Criteria: Additional restrictions grant (ARG)
- To apply for the ARG Grant please click here.
- The deadline is Monday 30th November 2020
- Amount: £1000.00
- This is being offered to physical businesses that previously received the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) or Local Authority Discretionary Fund (LAGF) – and you should apply to Part A.
- Please note, the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) was the £10,000 grant offered to businesses who were in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief, back in April 2020. The Local Authority Discretionary Fund (LAGF) was available in July and August to businesses who missed out on other grants. This was extended to include those businesses whose property has an RV above £51,000, who did not receive the £25,000 Retail, Leisure & Hospitality Business Grant (RHLGF) or any other grants for ‘that business’.
Please note, for businesses with an RV of £15,000 and under, this Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) is only available to those who previously received Small Business Rate Relief. This means you met the criteria at this link – which includes only having one Business Rates liability within England or Wales etc. If you did not receive ‘Small Business Rates relief’ on your property and therefore, received the £10,000 or the £25,000 Retail, Leisure & Hospitality Business Grant (RHLGF), then you are NOT eligible for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Please get in touch if you have any issues and we will do our best to support you in finding a solution.
We know that these funds will be welcome but for many, do not cover your costs. With this in mind, we continue to lobby nationally to ensure our member businesses are supported further e.g. seeking an extension to the business rate relief beyond March 2021. We welcome your feedback on this.
Don’t forget to join our Leamington Town Centre Facebook Group if you haven’t already as we regularly post helpful advice and share ideas / support. We will also post updates on the BID Leamington Facebook Page – and the Royal Leamington Spa Town Centre Facebook page is where we will showcase what you are now doing.
We will also be updating you in the coming week on all of our Christmas plans.
Best wishes, Steph & Alison