Please be advised that Warwick District Council (WDC) have now posted a link online for businesses who are eligible for the government £10,000 and £25,000 grants to register their details here:
Please also note: this relates to those businesses with a Rateable Value under £51,000 that meet the eligibility criteria detailed below. The grant funding that is awarded to eligible businesses, does not have to be paid back.
Eligibility Criteria and Further Information
In general, this grant scheme incudes:
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief;
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.
Detailed guidance and criteria for this can be found at this link and below:
- The Small Business Grants Fund (£10K) (SBGF): Hereditaments included in this scheme are those which on the 11 March 2020 were eligible for relief under the business rate Small Business Rate Relief Scheme (including those with a Rateable Value between £12,000 and £15,000 which receive tapered relief).
- The Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (25K) (RHLGF): Hereditaments which on the 11 March 2020 had a rateable value of less than £51,000 and would have been eligible for a discount under the business rates Expanded Retail Discount Scheme had that scheme been in force for that date are eligible for the grant. Please see below.
- PDF Document
Details of the Expanded Retail Discount 2020/21:
Local Authority Guidance can be found below. This details the type of businesses that are included in the rates relief scheme – and are eligible for the grants detailed above. Please note this was extended yesterday to include a wider range of businesses, such as estate agents, lettings agents, betting shops etc. Further details of the types of business that are included can be found at this link and below.
- PDF Document – 02.04.2020
- Please note No 16 in this document details who are NOT included e.g. Financial services, Medical services, Professional services, and Post office sorting offices.
Finally, the government has summarised some common questions and answers by clicking here.
Please let me know if you have any questions that we can help you explore. Reflecting member feedback, over the coming days we will be doing further work on the issue of commercial rent protection as we do not feel the recent announcement goes quite far enough for those having difficult conversations. We welcome further feedback on this and I will also be in touch with more information on wage relief soon.